Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update!

I thought I would give an update on the happenings of my life. I have decided to leave Boston in favor of California. After spending much of June contemplating my future and where I would like to work, I decided I wanted to work in California and the only way to get employers to take a serious look at my resume was to actually live in the state. So in a a week and a half I will be on my way back to California. I am taking this huge leap of faith, but I know it is the right decision. Plus, I have really struggled lately with living so far from my family. I miss them! I want to be nearer to them. I hate the distance. I really do. In all honesty, I cannot wait to see my nephews. They are so adorable. If two certain individuals play their cards right (i.e. buy me pretty gifts, just kidding), I will babysit every week. I do not even see it as babysitting though because I have so much fun with Eli and West.

While I am excited for this next step and for returning to California, leaving Boston will be hard. Though I will not miss the winters or the humidity, I will miss the friends I have out here. I know we will always be in touch and visit each other, but I have no idea how to say good bye. I have the most amazing friends out here. I really do. I could write forever about how fantastic they are and what an impact they have had and will continue to have on me. They have all made me a better person. I will be a sobbing mess by next weekend. I think this is part of the reason why I wanted to have Renee come out here and drive back with me. She knows me better than I know myself. She will listen to the tears or see if I am fighting some emotion, will make it come out.

So Renee and I will drive back across the country. I am just excited that we get to go through Scranton, Pennsylvania.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm excited to hear about new adventures for you back in CA. It'll make it much easier for you to root for the Lakers next year. :)

Laurel said...

So exciting, Janae! I'm so glad you'll be close by! The boys will love getting to see you more.

And we will pay you with as many Cheerios as you can eat if you come and play with the boys!! :D I know, we're too kind...

Janae and Topher said...

Thanks Andrea. I can't wait to cheer for the Lakers back in L.A.I hope all is going well for you.

Laurel, I do kind of prefer fruit loops to cheerios! Just kidding. It will be great to see you guys more! I hope all is well.

Janae and Topher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

You can take the girl out of California, but you can't take the California out of the girl. good luck on your return.