Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cake, Stuffing and Gardner Village...

I was going to post this last Monday, but life got in the way. Last Sunday, I decided to make a Buttermilk pound cake. I borrowed a bundt cake pan from Renee and went to work. However, the most important lesson I learned when making a pound cake is to flour the pan because if you do not the cake comes out in pieces. And though it looks a little funny, it tasted oh so good!

The cake

After making the cake and attending church, I went over to Renee and Lewis' for dinner. Renee and I made my mom's stuffing. Her stuffing recipe is truly amazing and because it is so good, I basically will not eat anyone else's stuffing. This stuffing just is so delicious. I meant to take a picture before we dug in, but I forgot so I made Renee hold up the leftovers. I am planning on making this stuffing tomorrow for my apartment's mock Thanksgiving.

Renee and the stuffing

Today, my roommates and I along with a good friend of ours went to Gardner Village. I had never been here before, but it was so fun. The village is filled with shops that include quilting, knitting, sewing, candy, etc. I loved it. Their Christmas shop was amazing and I bought some ornaments for my family's upcoming ornament exchange. We also visited their candy shop!
Here are some photos:



Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: